The seven universities composing the European Universities Alliance “EC2U”, rooted in the dialogue between universities and cities, are again joining forces to extend the activities of the EC2U Alliance to the Research and Innovation fields. The RI4C2 project is based on several important recent initiatives supported or developed by the European Commission in the fields of the Knowledge square, composed of Education, Research, Innovation and Service to society: these components are also the core missions of the universities participating to this project.
The RI4C2 project will be achieved by taking stock of the structures created under the EC2U Erasmus+ project and by complementing them with results and outputs from eight Work Packages (WP) that will act as “mini-engines” aiming at making the associated transformation a reality:
– WP1 “Transformation management”, led by University of Poitiers
– WP2 “EC2U R&I agenda”, led by University of Salamanca
– WP3 “EC2U People empowerment”, led by University of Coimbra
– WP4 “EC2U R&I platforms”, led by University of Pavia
– WP5 “EC2U innovation sphere”, led by University of Jena
– WP6 “EC2U Knowledge ecosystems”, led by University of Iasi
– WP7 “Open EC2U”, led by University of Turku
– WP8 “Transformation dissemination”, led by University of Poitiers
The dissemination of RI4C2 outputs will be performed in direct interaction with the EC2U Alliance, via multiplier events, tools for the diverse communities and global policy guidelines to local, national and European policymakers and stakeholders.